Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default The 4 speed auto again...

Hi folks...

I need some help....spooky noises from our Falcon Futura (year 2000, 150000 km on the clock)

It is hard to find a specific answer with the search function but I couldn't find anything so I gave up after an hour.

When I put the auto in reverse and roll out of the garage onto our sloping driveway (left rear spring is pushed together , right rear spring is pulled apart = tilted rear axle) I can hear a knocking noise coming from the transmission. It is a noise with a frequence (something rotating is knocking onto something) and it disappears when I put it in neutral.
When I put it back in gear (reverse) it appears again but then slowly fades out after 20-30 seconds.

Could it be because of the twist in the drivetrain when I roll out of the garage ?
It has done it twice within two weeks now and never before.

It sounds like the ticking noise of a faulty valve hydraulic lifter from the engine with the only difference that it is a knocking noise instead of a ticking noise

If it was something in the engine (crankshaft, camshaft), it would still do it once I put the auto in neutral.

Thanks for any ideas...

The Moose

Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post