Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Ford have always been criticised that their XR8, their star (and now only) V8 model was also not quite as fast or well balanced as the XR6 and now XR6T. In my humble opinion releasing a N/A XR8 in coyote guise would only continue that claim, although the gap would be much closer. It wouldn’t quite be like coming to a gun fight with a knife, but it’s less than ideal all the same. By mildly supercharging the XR8 this will finally provide this loved model with the recognition that many an enthusiasts have longer for. It will be as good, is not better in terms of performance than any other Falcon model in Ford’s line up. When you have simply outstanding models like the XR6T and the G6ET in the line up, bringing a N/A 5.0, as quick as it is in a Mustang, will in my opinion remain in their shadow. I’m personally delighted about it being supercharged and I hope they offer it with some GS-like options as well.

Agreed 100%. It would be BA Falcon all over again.