Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
TK-421

Default Traffic accident last night.

Last night about 3.0am i was driving along a three lane road and approached an intersection which had a green light indication, a nissan van was stopped at the intersection in the middle lane which had not responded to the green light. as i approached the van i moved into the right lane to proceed through the intersection, i reduced speed as i neared the van then as my front bumper was level with his rear bumper, without indicating the nissan turned onto me. resulting damage to my car a 95 liata was bumper bar, left headlight, grille and left guard require replacement plus a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel. I hit the brakes but i just slid into his side, the guy in the van jumps out to see if we had any injuries and was really apologetic, saying it was all his fault. my wife asks him what he was doing turning right at an intersection clearly marked no right turn. He replied I was trying to do a u turn, anyway it turns out the driver is a German tourist over here for four months with no fixed address only an email address. The van driver called the police but could not converse with the operater sufficiently to report the incident so i spoke with the operater who sent the police out. The van driver was breath tested which showed no alcohol, we exchanged details and he was let go. I'm left with a $1000 to $1500 repair bill and if this guy decides to return home and not pay? i dont understand how mr tourist can attempt a u turn at an intersection where it is clearly not permitted, change lanes without indicating colliding with another vehicle and does not even warrant a fine or mark against his international license.

TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post