Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
McLovin'
"The Irish R&B singer"

Angry Political Correctness: The Medias New Crusade.

Just feel I need to say a few things about the BS I've been seeing on the news lately. It gets under my skin to see that the medias sensationalism (and the bleeding hearts that swallow it hook-line-and sinker) is costing people there careers and stirring up incredible and unjustified hatred against them.

Kyle Sandilands can seem like a bit of a tool at times but the latest furor over his comments to Magda Szubanski is absolutely ridiculous. It's plainly obvious that there was no anti-semitic undertones in what he was saying, I don't even think it was in poor taste, but yet I see an interview on the today show with a Jewish woman who's grandfather was in a concentration camp bursting into tears while talking about Kyle's comments. I realize the holocaust was a terrible thing but the two things are simply just not connected. Come on! It was just a crappy attempt at a joke! And of coarse no reporter or commentator will say what I just said because they will be labeled anti-semitic and risk directing all that blind anger and hatred onto themselves.

And John De La Bosca, I'm not the biggest fan of politicians but all this guy did was cheat on his wife with a particularly attractive blond girl. Who knows what the relationship with the wife or the girl was like? These things are usually pretty complicated anyway. But more importantly is any of this even our business? A scandal worth resigning over is dishonestly using your authority or not keeping your word when making election promises but as common as these things are the media isn't very interested.

Brad Fittler, a legend of the game, fired as coach of the Roosters because he was ****ed and tried to open the wrong door at a hotel. The news reports would rarely mention that the Roosters poor performance had anything to do with it, I guess that isn't exciting enough. I mean seriously, look at the scenario, its almost a non-event . I've knocked on and tried to open the wrong door while totally sober at hotels and at mates new places a few times, it a common mistake when in unfamiliar place. And doesn't "half-naked" sound shocking when compared to "without a shirt on", its pathetic and isn't honest news reporting.

This type of sensationalistic crap belongs in magazines like Woman's Day and New Idea and not in the main stream news and I hope others do see this before it gets too bad.

Last edited by McLovin'; 11-09-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
McLovin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post