Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would you watch this show if they produced it?
I would definitely watch it every week 18 41.86%
I would watch it regularly 7 16.28%
I’d watch it for a couple of episodes at least to give it a chance 13 30.23%
There is no way I would watch it 5 11.63%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
*rayman*
454 Power

Default New Reality TV show ‘Cruisin the Scene’

I woke up the other night with the following idea for a new tv show. If they can make shows like Big brother happen, surely they could make this happen. I’m sure if this was done right it could take some of the negative ‘hoon’ stereotype associated with car scene enthusiasts in Australia. It could help to educate people about the scene, and maybe make a clearer judgement on the people associated with the car scene in Australia.

Basically I think they could create a show that covers cruising ‘hotspots’ in capital cities, and other associated events with the car scene. This would give all the guys out there that ‘2 minutes of fame’ and bragging rights to say there car was on tv etc. I think if the show focused on a mix of old school muscle, and the new school jap/turbo/v8 scene it would be able to support a wide audience group. Remember there are a lot of older generation people sitting at home that would tune in to see some tough cars, and see whats happening around the country.

I’m not sure what the legal requirements are for something like this, would it be enough for them to blur out number plates to not identify cars? Would they need to have release forms signed to use footage etc?

The show could have an associated forum with it. They could use this a medium to detail where the next episode destination will be, this could give people a heads up and come out cruising that night and try to get themselves and their pride and joy on tv. It could also be used for a for sale section etc. Hopefully enough incentive to bring out some old skool cars that never get driven around.

I’m sure there would be enough activity in Australia to keep the series going for quite some time. The show could cover car shows, and other special events like Summernats, Powercruise, EasterNats, V8 supercars events, Jamboree, Targa Tasmania, Sydney / Brisbane motor shows etc. It would give people a chance to see some of these events across the county that they aren’t fortunate enough to be able to attend.

I like the Ignition series of dvd’s that come out every month, but these are really focused on the four banger scene, and the series is littered with advertising. (I know they need sponsers to make the series happen and it wouldn’t be possible without the revenue coming in from the sponsers).

They could cover a different business each week like: Custom interior shops, Audio installers, Engine shops, and any other business associated with the automotive industry.

Hopefully some big executive producer picks this thread up and makes it happen. I think a show like this would need to have support from one of the big networks to make it happen.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post