Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp 2003
The problem i have with people saying modern cars wont be worth anything and only cars with racing heritage are worth money these days is that its total garbage. Look at the phase 3, it is the most replicated car of all time in Australia and I dont see any quality replica XY GTs losing value, infact there increasing in value all the time, and they are not FACTORY GTs or GTHOs, they are replicas. Decent Falcon 500s and Fairmonts are also sky rocketing, and I cant remember the last time a Fairmont raced around Bathurst or Sandown.
That's a load of do doo... sorry but how can you compare the relative values of a XY Falcon 500 with a Phase 3..? A "Perfect" XYGTHO replica is worth about 60K.. a "perfect Falcon 500 about 25% of that.. a "perfect" Phase 3 is worth at least 10-15 times that of a "perfect" replica...
The prices are "relative".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp 2003
Low volume muscle cars kept in good condition will be worth money in the future, just look at Walkinshaw Commys from 20 years ago, I remember when Holden Dealers were strugling big time to get rid of them from the yards, and now they are worth a mint.
Worth a Mint? In relative terms a "Walky" is worth less today than when they were new.. you're forgetting about inflation...