The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-11-2007, 01:11 AM   #15
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom_105
Ditto

What gets me though is the fact that if you appeal, you then can't appeal for the next 5 years, even if the original appeal is successful.

For example, take that chick that got done for speeding on Citylink in her Datsun when the car couldn't possibly do the speed she was doing (it was a few years ago, bit vague on the details). She appeals, gets off, but can't appeal for 5 years (if in fact that is the rule in Victoria)
Im just guessing, but I think the appeal they are talking about is the penalty, not the offence. Basically you accept the offence was committed, but the penalty would blah blah, so please have mercy on me kind of thing.

What youre talking about in your example is appealing the offence itself. Which would be another matter and not limited to one every 5 yrs.

I think the datto youre referring to was a 120y, they tested it at Calder and maxed at <120km/h. She was allegedly clocked at 160+. Yet somehow the view by government was cameras were still reliable.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post