Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
slippery slope mate, there are hundreds of tinpot dictators out there killing their own people hand over fist, but they dont have oil do they. What makes one person comitting genocide a more attractive target then another? Money.

War is rarely conducted over such lofty ideals as humanitarianism.
Agreed, hence my original statement...
Bindi your original statement mentioned nothing of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
I suppose what influences me is that I saw the Nick Berg beheading from last year/year before (?). My husband got it sent and he and I thought it was what we were shown on tv... but this was the WHOLE THING. I almost vomited and passed out.

He was alive for around 15-20 seconds, screaming then gurgling as they got a large KNIFE and hacked into his skin, then into his veins, then he finally died. And the head was finally cut from his body and it was held up as the f*ckheads were screaming about Allah and all that load of crap.

It is one of the most harrowing things I have ever seen... we deleted it straight away but it is etched into my memory.

And that's why anyone who is threatened with this to me needs to be rescued. I don't care how the guy got there, GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW.
I've watched that vid like 10 times and still have it along with an assortment of other similar videos. To be honest I lost no sleep over them. These contractors knew the dangers of going into a warzone, but were after the $$$.

Now to pull military resources away from other critical operations to rescue a guy who went in for a quick $$$ and got caught, I'd make him pay the costs of his own rescue. He knew the danger.

What happens when military personnel are killed trying to rescue them?
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post