Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
boxo
fit 'n' turn

Awhile ago one friday night after work (3:30pm) i was just about to head off to wangaratta to go on a first date with my now fiance. Pulling into the driveway at home i hear the bearing in the alternator has ***** itself. I go to the auto elec and grab a newie, goes in no worries (5:30pm) only the lock bolt to put in, for some stupid reason i decide to start the car and see if the noise is gone. So i start the car, noise is gone, jobs done? NO, with the car still running i reach over to put the bolt in, the bolt falls thru my fingers down between the harmonic ballancer and shatters the bottom half of the timing case!! FU%K!!!!!!
To make matters worse my harmonic puller stripped the thread had to buy a new one and the last person (probably me) to take the fan off had rounded the head on one of the four fan bolts,
and i had to take the water pump off with the fan still attached (not easy)
Finally got the car back together (4:30am) after 10 hours and the test drive was straight to wangaratta the next morning.
THE AWESOME POWER OF THE PUSSY!
Cheers