Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default New 'Best of' TAC adds

Saw the add that runs all the TAC's gory bits in one hit for near on a minute ..... on every channel!

Over the top and glorifying and cannot see the message that they want to get across on the road toll. Yes it is a terrible thing the toll ..... but this does nothing to stop those that do stupid things on the road or help those that have lost someone because of it.

Do they just want to shock, get people to talk about it or just show how clever they are pushing boundaries and making graphic adds?

Don't usually care about any add but this I believe was just totally unnecessary ........

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

They claimed in the herald sun that the road toll has roughly halved (cant remember exact figures). I agree these adds are overdone and i cant see them being the cause of the toll dropping. Most people speeding, drink driving or doing anything dangerous on the road are going to be more concerned about being cought by Police than thinking about a tv commercial.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
MAD
Petro-sexual

I liked looking back at all those ads. dont know why, I guess some sort of nostalgia.

I reckon some of the early ones were the best, most hard hitting ads around. The new ones go for shock/gore and dont strike the same chord.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I personally think the ad was VERY confronting and good that it showed all the old ones.......

BUT You crash a 25yr old car and a 2009 car (Remeber the 59 Malibu clip not long ago) and tell me the ads had everything to do with it..... :
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

ahhh, The memories... now who could forget........ "bend your knee katie"!!
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

"Come on check it put mate"
"ohhhh"
"Darren!!" *crash*

The recent add's put a chill up the spine. Especially the guy that's stoned, who steps out in front of the truck.
I don't think adds is enough though.

Why aren't these adds shown at the drive in?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

What the ad should be saying is.
"Think of how many young drivers we could have provided proper driver training to. Insted we decided to waste the money on this pointless advertising campaign."

Typical Government dept. throw buckets money at what THEY think is a cure, don't look to spending it on prevention first.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #8
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
ahhh, The memories... now who could forget........ "bend your knee katie"!!
I got so many miles out of this one, my sister was studying to be a physiotherapist at the time.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

ok so in one media report its the worst road toll in a decade, now it halved becasue of the ad's.. sorry you cant have it both ways you idiots.

ad's will have little or no affect on peoples behavour, yes it shocks you for the 30seconds its on TV, after the 3rd viewing its just plain annoying.

want people to wake up and drive properly?? how about starting with a national licance system, defensive driver training as part of obtaining your P's, abolishing the redicilous 90kmh max for p plater *annoy all qualified drivers* system and retest ever 10 years.

You can shock all you want but if 'you' think your a good driver... and it wont happen to me, then you will continue leaving carnarge and frustrated drivers behind you as you behave like an idiot or have no regard for others around you... bet you the first time you are told to do a emergancy brake or avoidance manovure you might reconsider how safe you REALLY are.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
krt10
eskyman

for anyone who missed the ad
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/11/v...ebrates-20-ye/
Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
sxckevo
Ford motor company

what i hate is how are most old and middle aged people give p platers a hard time about speeding and reckless driving when in there time they would have been doing the exact some thing, but some how we are hoons and idiots for it. : bunch of hypocrites. we all have to take risks some times in life.
also i think this tac ads show nothing, the only reason the toll has decreased is cars are MUCH safer these days

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post