Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
TICKFORD_XR6

Default jus a few questions

hi
i was just wandering if my stock xr6 cam, would be worth being put into a stock EA ghia or a stock EF futura.
how much better would it be?
i am thinking of getting the wade 1636 regrind.
so if my xr6 cam would b good for any of my mates cars, i could give it to them and i just buy another cam from the wreckers for cheap and regrind that.

worth it?

also i hav a JVC head unit. and me being no good at the equalizer settings (the ones with the bars), i thought id ask if anyone could tell me a good setting for metal music.

cheers
Damon

>>MY CAR!!<<

Pacemakers, 2 1/2 Sports Exhaust, Thermos, XH Snorkel, KnN Panel Filter, Custom Black Interior,
18x8 Speedy Graphites with King Super Lows.. and more mods to come!
JVC Touch Screen Head Unit, Front - Pioneer 220w 6" splits, Back - Pioneer 220w 6" (all amped),
Pioneer 12" 1000w sub, Powered by Pioneer 800w Mono Amp

127.51rwkw

TICKFORD_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
niko
likes falcon's

eb xr cam is similar to a stock ef one

just keep fiddling with it until it sounds good to you, at the end of the day it's your stereo lol
Old 27-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For metal music, generally boost the highs and lows while cutting the mids to make a curved-V. What sort of EQ?
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordEBfaimont
For metal music, generally boost the highs and lows while cutting the mids to make a curved-V. What sort of EQ?
hmmm good pointer that, i find it very hard to set up my stereo for my music! especially when each band sounds so different!
Old 27-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
TICKFORD_XR6

tuned the head unit to the "curved-V" and sounds a whole lot better then wat i had or any set settings. wat was also a problem, was the bad speakers. which i thought werent stock :S
so new AMPED speakers going in on the weekend. aswell as painting door trims and centre console black

>>MY CAR!!<<

Pacemakers, 2 1/2 Sports Exhaust, Thermos, XH Snorkel, KnN Panel Filter, Custom Black Interior,
JVC Touch Screen Head Unit, Front - Pioneer 220w 6" splits, Back - Pioneer 220w 6" (all amped),

127.51rwkw

Old 27-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds sweet. Yeah stock speakers suck really bad, i bought some Clarion 6" 4-ways yesterday for the rear and are a 1000% improvement.
Ive got a 5-band parametric equalizer on my mp3 player with seperate bass/treble boost, AND on my head unit theres seperate bass/treble boost and magna-bass so ive got plenty to fiddle with

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
Old 27-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
TICKFORD_XR6

haha thats a lot to fiddle with
should sound sic when u get it all right

>>MY CAR!!<<

127.51rwkw

Old 27-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #8
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope. Getting 4" 3-ways for the front coz i cant be arsed with making brackets or drilling for bigger speakers and a 10" or 12" sub when the budget allows. What speakers are you putting in?

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
Old 27-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
TICKFORD_XR6

arnt EBs 6" at the front?
mine are
now i dont know much about audio so my mate said these were heaps good for the price and were much better than his. and listening to his i cant complain haha
looking at the box's - i've got pioneer 6" 3 ways for the back 220w max (couldnt b bothered cutting for 6x9s)
and pioneer 6" seperate 2 ways for the front 220w max with tweeters
and iv got a 12" 1000w max pioneer sub powered by a pioneer 800w max mono amp

>>MY CAR!!<<

127.51rwkw

Old 28-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a good setup.
You must have an EB2. Mines got 4"s in the front doors and 6"s on the parcel shelf.

Former Rides:
Old 29-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #11
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah eb2's got 6 inch in the front

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post