Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Teens bash 78-year-old blind Flamingo

I'm so outraged and disgusted that words can not describe how I am feeling. I only just heard last night that on Wednesday afternoon 4 COWARD SCUMBAGS bashed the blind 78 year old flamingo at Adelaide Zoo. For anyone who's been to the Adelaide Zoo, you would know that these birds (only 2 of them) have been there since the 1930's and that they are said to be one of the oldest Flamingos living in captivity in the world. Once they are gone, Adelaide Zoo is unable to get any more flamingos.

My step daughter was there on a school trip and her whole class saw these ar$eholes being taken away by the police. Apparantly earlier that day they had been throwing rocks at some of the other animals. Her school had a meeting with the classes that went there as there were a few upset students, my step daughter being one of them as she loves animals.

What the is wrong with people? What sort of a person does these disgusting things? Before anyone says "it's only a bird and we care more about animals than humans", well consider this for a second, 4 teenagers BASHED a blind defenceless old bird because it was "FUN". Maybe it's not on the same criminal level as someone murdering another human, but on a MORAL level I think it's one of the lowest acts a human being(s) can stoop too.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...005961,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...8-2682,00.html

Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
ch33z1l
Dawn

Agreed Cobra...a bit lost for words here too.

Nothing short of disgusting excuses for human beings.

Im sure the lions would have dealt out a decent punishment. Should lock them in there
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

You and the article say teens, two of them were but the other two were 18 & 19. To me they are adults and that really disgusts me.

Not a real far jump to pack bashing a defenceless animal to pack bashing a person either. This just ****es me right off :
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

I just can't understand why people do this. Only very young kids would not understand this to be very morally wrong, so why would people of that age (adults in reality) do such a thing?? What do you get out of beating up a flamingo...i mean this seriously. Maybe someone with some sort of training in psychology can explain because i can't....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
You and the article say teens, two of them were but the other two were 18 & 19. To me they are adults and that really disgusts me.

Not a real far jump to pack bashing a defenceless animal to pack bashing a person either. This just ****es me right off :
I guess I'm quoting what the article said. 19 is still a teen technically, but legally, yes they are adults. Even 17, may as well be an adult even if they aren't legally. I tell you what, from speaking to a few people around here, if anyone got their hands on these F%&king C#@ts they'd be dead! This town is so upset as these birds are very precious and are an integral part of Adelaide Zoo, arguably the main attraction there.
Old 31-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought i was hearing things last night when 9 news run the story

it is a sad state of fun

Quote:
Im sure the lions would have dealt out a decent punishment. Should lock them in there
yeh but thats to good for them to fast i say feed them to the tiger snakes or something nice slow and painfull

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Rob
Living the dream

Boils my blood..

Can't describe how angry it makes me.. how could you bash a BIRD??!!! It's not like it was taunting them.. FFS!!! I treat my pets as humans, and animal abuse is one of the things I can't stand.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
dannyxm
was danny888

its one think to be cruel to any animal (as terrible as it is)
but to be cruel to a 78 year old blind flamingo, what goes through peoples heads?

Good news though:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

Seems like the poor bugger is doing well......
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny888
but to be cruel to a 78 year old blind flamingo, what goes through peoples heads?

Good news though:

That's really good news! The thing that concerns me is that even though he has recovered well, this certainly wouldn't help prolong his life. I don't know if birds are subject to PTSD like humans, but this whole incident sure as hell couldn't have done him any good. The other Flamingo was apparantly going stupid when they took the injured one away as the two birds have been together and never seperated for over 50 years. When Flamingo 1 passes away, Flamingo 2 will be by himself and unfortunately probably won't last too much longer himself as they can't get any more Flamingos.
Old 31-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #10
badefghia
Banned

Someone should through them to the lions or so..
badefghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #11
Hillbilly F Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny888

Good news though:

From that article, it will be interesting to see just how much of the four years and $50,000 they incur. Like Tex said, a carbon copy of the Kangaroo incident. And why...because they can.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

What a bloody discrace..
Just heard they have all been released on bail, and as two are underage all four names could be supressed.
Word will get out though, Adelaides too small a place to keep this annonymous.

I'm concerned that a doctor with a disabled child cant get permenant Aussie residency, yet these toolos can be allowed to live in the same society we do.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #13
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

how gutless are these S.O.B's. Fken p.ricks. They should be publically named and shamed. Stick em over the malls balls and whip them. Sick bunch if ya ask me.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
how gutless are these S.O.B's. Fken p.ricks. They should be publically named and shamed. Stick em over the malls balls and whip them. Sick bunch if ya ask me.
Mate they should put them in the Lion enclosure and not feed the Lions. I'd like to see them try and bash 2 male Lions and a number of Lionesses! Although the poor Lions won't have their regular serving of meat, I'm sure they could improvise! Why does an eye for an eye always seem so much better and more satisfying than the law?!
Old 31-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #15
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Castration is needed.... Stop fwits like these reproducing...

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #16
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like this happens cause as society we allowed too much leinency in sentencing people. all the people that were at the scene deserve the same punishment. there is no difference between any of them. punishment should fit the crime. all of them should be locked in a room with some big boys and should get the crap kicked out of them. and it should be posted online for people to see correct justice being metered out. we dont need to know there faces but just the fact that people will see thies would make them think twice about doing stupid crap like this....
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #17
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
like this happens cause as society we allowed too much leinency in sentencing people. all the people that were at the scene deserve the same punishment. there is no difference between any of them. punishment should fit the crime. all of them should be locked in a room with some big boys and should get the crap kicked out of them. and it should be posted online for people to see correct justice being metered out. we dont need to know there faces but just the fact that people will see thies would make them think twice about doing stupid crap like this....
Yes not enough punishment for the crimes comitted these days and not enough respect for society and the law
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #18
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Mate they should put them in the Lion enclosure and not feed the Lions. I'd like to see them try and bash 2 male Lions and a number of Lionesses! Although the poor Lions won't have their regular serving of meat, I'm sure they could improvise! Why does an eye for an eye always seem so much better and more satisfying than the law?!
good point Eamon. But I reckon Karma will strike them down soon enough.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

...and yet they'll be slapped with some lame good behaviour bond or something even more pointless...
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #20
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Hopefully they've spent some time in some holding cells with some other inmates, remember most criminals (even violent ones) have some morals and wouldn't like this sort of thing.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #21
EFFII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
...and yet they'll be slapped with some lame good behaviour bond or something even more pointless...
Four young men have been charged over the bashing and could face a maximum penalty of four years in prison or a $50,000 fine, if convicted.

s!
all i can say is why bash a bird? why bash anything in the first place? go bash your head against the wall and tell us how it feels!
EFFII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFII
Four young men have been charged over the bashing and could face a maximum penalty of four years in prison or a $50,000 fine, if convicted.

s!
all i can say is why bash a bird? why bash anything in the first place? go bash your head against the wall and tell us how it feels!
The problem is the word 'could'.

I love watching shows like 'The Force' or 'Border Security' but in reality, they just make me more peeved.

They catch some guy who broke and entered someone's home, stole keys to a luxury Audi, drove it with socks on his hands and his penalty? He gets a few hundred dollar fine - which he'll likely pay by breaking into someone else's home.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #23
GoldCoastGTP
Luxo rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
The problem is the word 'could'.

I love watching shows like 'The Force' or 'Border Security' but in reality, they just make me more peeved.

They catch some guy who broke and entered someone's home, stole keys to a luxury Audi, drove it with socks on his hands and his penalty? He gets a few hundred dollar fine - which he'll likely pay by breaking into someone else's home.
That is what we deal with each and every day we do all the hard work and risk life and limb and when they get caught 90% of these tough guys cry like a baby as soon as the cuffs go on them - We have a mountain of evidence against them they go to the duty solicitor next day pleade a hard luck story with a few tears and war stories the court believes them and then they are out. We often thing why bother anymore.
My old man was in the force in the Joh era in QLD where you could give these guys a touch up with no reprise and a lot of the crims had a heart and respect as well - unsecured in the back of the old F100 van hard braking, sharp turns and then drive down at speed the roughest goat track in south east QLD but sadly it had changed in these times
PS I am itching to use these new fangled tasers
Old 31-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #24
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

these tough bastards - must be good mates with the Kangaroo bashers.

If you want an insight into what makes these people tick - check out their parents (or other primary role model / carer / whatever.. The parental influence, the upbringing in general, is the reason why scum exist today.

Scum makes scum, hell, we all know there's whole regions of Australia dominated by dirt bags, those lacking any thread of moral decency, respect for themselves and others, importance of life wether it be human or animal. Morality is learned, we are not born with a concept of right and wrong. We act / think as we observe those most important to us acting and thinking.

Go back to the Kangaroo bashing thread and re read that. There's some farkn members of this FORUM that have actually tried to excuse what was done to that as boys simply growing up. I say BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not a trial of life, a right of passage, or an acceptable experience to learn from.

I am not a tree huggin type, neither were my teenager mates (some 20 years ago), we used to go hunting all the time, and camping etc etc - and we never lost respect for any life. We used to kill it (roos, possums, deer etc) outright for consumption by us and our dogs, but never did we prolong, or make steps to inflict pain.

Cruelty to any life is unacceptable - and offers a glimpse into the psychy of those that wish to condone it as fool hardy, immature or silly behaviour. It is infact, a window into the soul - individuals that participate, or derive voyeuristic pleasure through abuse of another life are by some definitions psychopaths - potential rapists, child abusers, murders, and other rock spider type crims.

Like others, I am incensed, outraged and wishing I could teach the little turds a lesson they will not forget.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #25
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

+ 1
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #26
ArTeesT

WOW. I cant believe how evil people are. How the hell can someone even think of the idea of bashing that animal, then acctualy go through with it.

hope they get what they deserve and hope that flamingo makes a full recovery
ArTeesT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #27
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaidenow
The teenagers are believed to be the first in the state charged with aggravated animal cruelty since new laws took effect this month.
Time to see how these new laws stack up. Hopefully they get the maximum penalty.
Old 31-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just because two of the little boys are 18 and 19, doesn't make them adults.

In some cultures, an adult is somebody who has reached puberty.

Hell, I'm 25 and I don't consider myself much of an adult.

Being an adult is not about an age or a title. It is about being self-responsible and respecting others, among many other things.

These little hoolums in my opinion are not adults because they have no respect for anything, believing their nigh-invincible and just "top blokes", when in actual fact, they're the kind of people who make me upset we don't have the death penalty.

I would love their eyes to be pulled out with pliers, then they can be hit over the head with a law textbook, or the Oxford dictionary.
You won't beat any sense into them, but perhaps as they drool in their wheelchairs or are being fed their mush, they might realise that you only get one shot at life, and so do the animals, and their lives are no less important than yours.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #29
goldfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Just because two of the little boys are 18 and 19, doesn't make them adults.

In some cultures, an adult is somebody who has reached puberty.

Hell, I'm 25 and I don't consider myself much of an adult.

Being an adult is not about an age or a title. It is about being self-responsible and respecting others, among many other things.

These little hoolums in my opinion are not adults because they have no respect for anything, believing their nigh-invincible and just "top blokes", when in actual fact, they're the kind of people who make me upset we don't have the death penalty.

I would love their eyes to be pulled out with pliers, then they can be hit over the head with a law textbook, or the Oxford dictionary.
You won't beat any sense into them, but perhaps as they drool in their wheelchairs or are being fed their mush, they might realise that you only get one shot at life, and so do the animals, and their lives are no less important than yours.

In this country you are a LEGAL adult @ 18, more than enough for me.. they should be convicted with full penalty of law. I'm personally disgusted by this but even more so knowing they'll pretty much walk away scot free.
goldfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #30
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why don't we just throw them each into enclosure with the lions and let the animal world get a little of their own back.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post