Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Default how to stop a 'hoon'..

taken from http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080621/3/69nl.html?f=mv

Quote:
A man angered by a boyracer doing burnouts used his four-wheel-drive vehicle to ram the car, writing it off.

Ed Murray was trying to sleep at his Tauranga home this week when he was woken by a car at a nearby tennis club carpark.

"I jumped in the Nissan, shot over there and they were doing donuts in the tennis courts," he told the Bay of Plenty Times.

"I put it in 4WD and smashed it right into the front of their car. "

He pushed the car across gravel for about 15m, through a neighbouring property's fence, then jumped out and yelled at the driver.

The police turned up and the boyracers scattered.

The smashed up car of the boyracer was impounded by police.

Mr Murray said he and other neighbours were sick of the constant noise and smoke the boyracers brought to the area.

Mr Murray has two children, including an 8 year old who he won't let outside when the boyracers appear as early as 5.30pm.

Neighbour Billy Atwal - the man whose fence was smashed -- - said he could totally understand how Mr Murray reacted the way he did.

"I understand, yes. He was really angry for a good four, five minutes, he just couldn't stop," he said.

Mr Atwal had lived in the house next to the tennis courts for over a year and boyracers had constantly been a problem, he said.

Constable Peter Mitchell of the Strategic Traffic Unit said police had yet to make a decision on whether to charge Mr Murray or the alleged boyracer, or both.
Old 22-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
Jase_Boss
Casual surfer

There should be no charges laid against the 4wd owner

This is a win for the good people
GTF-#97-Kinetic/Matte Black, Manual, Enjoying it daily
Sold- 08 FG XR8 Sed EGO, 6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI, rip shifter. 275/30-19,245/35-19, XR50
Sold- 06 BF XR8 Ute, 6 speed,80mm throttle body,Herrod full stainless cats back,K&N air filter,CAI,rip shifter.265/35,245/40-18.
Sold-Mrs Jase_Boss-09 XR8 Sed Breeze-Build to order for her,All options except sat nav,6 speed m, 80mm John Bowe throttle body, K&N air filter, Big Mouth CAI. 19"
Jase_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Martys-Bionic-XR

yep i agree jas
Martys-Bionic-XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas573
There should be no charges laid against the 4wd owner

This is a win for the good people
Kids in a car park disturbing the peace.

4WD owner takes the law into his own hands.....could have killed someone.....may be my son in 15 years time. Kids will be kids but this guys at his age should know better. Lucky no-one was hurt.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Kids in a car park disturbing the peace.

4WD owner takes the law into his own hands.....could have killed someone.....may be my son in 15 years time. Kids will be kids but this guys at his age should know better. Lucky no-one was hurt.
If you didn't read as soon as the police came they scattered, so calling them as he probably did 100 times before probably felt useless. If your 15 year old son is a big enough dick head to act like that, I hope he gets crashed into.
Old 22-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is here but I think they a both idiots. But the dude in the 4WD gets my vote as he should probably know better.

Hey here is a thought pick up the phone and call the cops.
Old 22-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #7
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
I'm not sure who the bigger idiot is here but I think they a both idiots. But the dude in the 4WD gets my vote as he should probably know better.

No offence but I beg to differ. The hoons should know better as well. They should know that it is illegal to be doing doughnuts in a carpark and just downright rude to do so that early in the morning.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

he was using necessary force in an attempt to perform a citizens arrest :

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

this thread probably wont last but i reckon good on him, the people would have called the police numerous times. probably little punks in their vl's
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:

yes, because that ALWAYS works.
Old 22-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
yes, because that ALWAYS works.
Yes and ramming cars is such a better solution.

If there is a noisy party next door can I just drive my car through it? Hey when the 15 and 16 year old kids are too loud at night on the weekend in the park next to my place I might just go out and ram them with my car....top idea
Old 22-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #12
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes and ramming cars is such a better solution.

If there is a noisy party next door can I just drive my car through it? Hey when the 15 and 16 year old kids are too loud at night on the weekend in the park next to my place I might just go out and ram them with my car....top idea
exactly. good point. just ring the cops. if they don't do anything petition the council and get the tennis court locked up of a night
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

idiot. stupid 4wd owner taking the law into his own hands. how dare he ruin that guys sick burnout
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I prefer to wonder the street in my borat swimsuit.

Certainly makes them think twice next time!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

bet you get the chicks laminge
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #16
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
bet you get the chicks laminge
Ive got bigger boobs than most chicks, 22 stone in floss aint a pretty site!
:
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The lesser of two evils was the 4WD man, who decided to send a message to some little punks who need a good kick up the backside. I would love them to re-sit their learners (2 year minimum) and be forced to hold their Ps for 4 years.

That will teach them about responsibility, as well as accountability.

The 4WD man didn't do the right thing, but it was effective, and understandable.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
The lesser of two evils was the 4WD man
How did you deduce this? what was more dangerous? Did the 4WD owner check what was behind the fence he drove through? Did he check if there were some 10 year old kids having a slumber party in a tent in the back yard?

doing donuts in an empty car park yes is dangerous....ramming a car and driving it through a fence not knowing what's on the other side you think is the lesser of the two evils?
Old 22-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #19
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
How did you deduce this? what was more dangerous? Did the 4WD owner check what was behind the fence he drove through? Did he check if there were some 10 year old kids having a slumber party in a tent in the back yard?

doing donuts in an empty car park yes is dangerous....ramming a car and driving it through a fence not knowing what's on the other side you think is the lesser of the two evils?
I agree.

What he did was just going way too far. What a psycho. Better off just throwing a rock at their car.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Fair point.

The hoons though were doing the wrong thing...that was their primary intention.
The 4WD driver did not intend to push the car through the fence. He just wanted to give the tools a shove, sending them a message.

Had there been 10 year olds in the backyard, it would have been tragic, which is why your point is fair.

HOwever, maybe Mr Atwal has no children...

But his intentions were for the greater good, as wrong as they may be.

It's a difficult one, but your argument is valid.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
3vXT

guns would have fixed this.
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

LOL talk about owned... Whilst its bad that the 4x4 owner took the law into his hands, I think he metered out just the right level of justice to the ricer twats...

Although, a funnier and less violent way of dealing with these knobs would be to get a bunch of mates together and block the exit/entrances to the areas they're doing burnouts in and don't let them pass. You're not really depriving them of their liberty and you're not physically harming them yet you're paralysing their dumb *****.
Old 22-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #23
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm with you Stefan,
yes the boy racers were annoying, but what the 4x4 bloke did was just god damned moronic.
Old 22-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #24
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
i'm with you Stefan,
yes the boy racers were annoying, but what the 4x4 bloke did was just god damned moronic.
The bloke is a fool as others said ring the police or take the car and rego no down to report them.

But I also wonder what was this bloke was like as a young bored male in his late teens and early twenties. Is it the Kettle calling the pot black or was he a very law abiding person who never did any thing wrong in his life until now?
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #25
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Good on the 4WD owner i say!, idiots like that need to be pushed off the roads!!
Old 22-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys are kidding aren't you?

Or will it be ok when a 4WD moron rams you all as you are parked after a cruise because a "big line of hoons with noisy exhausts went part his house frightening his chooks".

He should be jailed for his premeditated assault and reckless endangerment of the public.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #27
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

Or will it be ok when a 4WD moron rams you all as you are parked after a cruise because a "big line of hoons with noisy exhausts went part his house frightening his chooks".

He should be jailed for his premeditated assault and reckless endangerment of the public.
I'm with you, what he did was ridiculous and unneccessary..hope they both get charged, this blokes a loose cannon, if he went to that much trouble just to stop a few kids being kids and doing donuts in a carpark, imagine what else he's capable of.

Burnouts in a carpark never hurt anyone and don't say you've never let loose and dropped a skid, its safer than doing it in the middle of the street. I wonder what time this happened anyway..
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #28
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
Burnouts in a carpark never hurt anyone
Dont they?
I remember a time when I could give my car a resonable squirt without fear of having it impounded,now I have to drive like a granny with over 400rwkw..
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #29
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

yes,i think your right,
the kids in this case were just being kids and 4x4 owner was acting like a moron and should be charged,
i bet no hooning takes place in his street anymore after all the local towns here about what happened, and that might be good .but now they might drive past house fast during the day to annoy him, which will make his street dangerous for kids thus defeating his actions in a worse way than anyone invisages.
Police by not charging 4x4 owner are sending the young a dangerous message that will see them have no respect for the law,
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #30
Sloth

Hey that's where I live.
It would have been great to see the look on the hoons faces with this mad man coming at them, they would have been absolutely crapping themselves. Yes what the 4wd guy did was silly but these morons really tick me off.