Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
thevintage
Starter Motor

Default Market Dead For Used Gtp,s

I have been trying to sell a ba gtp with 28000 km ,herrod full exhaust cold air and 12 monthes rego for 4 monthes.Over that time i have reduced the price by $7000 to $42500 ono.I have recieved a grand total of 5 phone calls,no one has even come to have a look not even a tyre kicker looking for a test drive.What have i got to do move it becides giving it away to dealer or auction house ? :

thevintage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
[dave]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i will trade you for my ba futura

has crome mags ??

but seriously do you have it on carsales?
[dave] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
thevintage
Starter Motor

Yes Dave been on 4 monthes ,it is a great ride can,t get any takers.i am open to offers but no one even rings to try there luck !
Old 22-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
thevintage
Starter Motor

Rob the trouble is i can,t even get a offer to think about.the money you quote is what i could happly take
Old 22-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I would pay up to 40 grand for a BA GTP with those mod's, but nothing over that. even if it has 28,000km on the clock. I can get a BF F6 for around 42 grand now with under 5,000km on it tomorrow if i wanted. It's sad that the GTP's don't hold value as much as they should, thats what happens with the BF being wound up, and the new model release imminent.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevintage
I have been trying to sell a ba gtp with 28000 km ,herrod full exhaust cold air and 12 monthes rego for 4 monthes.Over that time i have reduced the price by $7000 to $42500 ono.I have recieved a grand total of 5 phone calls,no one has even come to have a look not even a tyre kicker looking for a test drive.What have i got to do move it becides giving it away to dealer or auction house ? :
Well it is 4 models and 4 years old. I sold mine for $48k with 85000km but it was only 19 months old and the BA Mk2 had just come out.

Try carsales, ebay etc but remember even though it is low km it is a 4 year and 4 model old car and you can buy 6 speed ones that are still in warranty for about that price.

EDIT, there are some as cheap as $36k on carsales. Not good.

Last edited by flappist; 22-11-2007 at 10:34 PM.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yeah, i know how you feel mate, i had trouble selling my BA Fairmont ghia V8, with lots mod's, it was a fantastic car, ended up letting it go for very low 20's. this was 6 months ago nearly. Try advertising it in the trading post, car sales, car domain etc. It's bound to sell at close to 40 grand!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
WASP
Whipple Induced

It's a funny market at the moment. In the used market your GT-P either needs to be something unique or special to sell quickly for reasonable bucks or alternatively it will need to be seriously cheap. I've had offers for mine and it's not even for sale, but it's supercharged among many other things. Others that I have seen go quickly are completely stock and absolutely prestine examples in classic colours with all options.

If your GT-P doesn't fit into any of these categories (which it may do) you either need to play the waiting game or trade it for a quite cheap sale to a dealer which would be a shame.
Old 22-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^Or just keep it and go Nuts with it!!
Old 22-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
^Or just keep it and go Nuts with it!!
lol.. well yes you can do that to if you're mad enough!!
Old 22-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #11
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Any one that is in the market has done abit of research.. And for the BA crowd, the introduction and plethora of rave revues of the 6 cogger transmissions means the BA is dead in the water... NOt too say it isn't worth what you are asking but alot of my mates have leap frogged the 4 speed auto and 5 speed to plant their bums in the 6 speeders :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:02 PM   #12
thevintage
Starter Motor

Yeah Racecraft i am getting that vibe,but as i have said hard to sell a car without a buyers offer, even if he is offering something hard to accept.
Old 22-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Yeah Racecraft i am getting that vibe,but as i have said hard to sell a car without a buyers offer, even if he is offering something hard to accept.
I can only imagine your frustration... It is a whole lot of car for that money imho ... It is a shame that you seem genuinely lost for options on offloading it.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #14
thevintage
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I can only imagine your frustration... It is a whole lot of car for that money imho ... It is a shame that you seem genuinely lost for options on offloading it.
Other than keep dropping the price until a bargin hunter or dealer turns up .Then the usual thing happens you drop the price and they offer even lower !
Old 22-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

I'll come and kick the tyres and take it for a test drive if you like :evil3:

I was considering selling my 3V powered BA MkII XT but I would be even worse off than you. I'm lucky the purchase of the other car I was looking to buy fell through. I just guess I'll have to keep it a while longer.

What colour is your GT-P? I gotta say my favourite colour is rapid (that is the name of the yellow isn't it?) with the black stripes like CDAAs.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
thevintage
Starter Motor

Black with white stripes
Old 22-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #17
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Black with white stripes
Sounds like a nice looking combo.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #18
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Black with white stripes
How about you post some nice pictures of it on the Forum so others can see it. If you email them to me I'll post them up for you using photobucket. I'm also wondering if it's worth removing the white stripes. An black all over, no striped highly polished GT-P not only looks unique, it looks...
Old 22-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #19
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate its not just the GTPs. I think its the car market in general, and especially big V8s. Unless its unique or priced rediculously cheap, you are going to have to be patient.

I advertised my BA XR8 ute for 8 months about a year ago....had it for $25-$26k (40,000kms) and not even one single phone call. In the end traded it in for a Toyota Hilux for my dad and the dealer offered $26,500.

It even got the stage where I was ringing car brokers, and they were offering $22k mark.

The general car market is not good at the moment.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #20
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
I advertised my BA XR8 ute for 8 months about a year ago....had it for $25-$26k (40,000kms) and not even one single phone call. In the end traded it in for a Toyota Hilux for my dad and the dealer offered $26,500.
Same story here. I had my BA XR8 on carsales 18 months ago for six months at $27,000. It only had 17K on it. Not even a nibble.

I offloaded an AU XR8 to a Ford dealer a few years back. They basically knocked $1500 off the retail price which I was happy with. I'm calling in to see them at the end of the month the see what they'll offer on my XR8.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:10 PM   #21
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about advertising it under HSV, you might get a wider audience and then they can compare what the GTP offers and save a few dollars too.
Old 22-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #22
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The HSV's are in the same boat too. A VZ clubsport will be for sale for $46,000 with 50,000 km while a new 6.0l equipped VE SSV is there for another 6 grand. A VE clubsport is around 20 grand more.

Just before the VE came out they were hovering around $54 grand and Even advertised at $46000 grand, I don't think the are selling either, as a VE SS new is 45 grand too.

Not that I follow the GM side, but I think when the Orion comes it will happen the same way as well.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #23
thevintage
Starter Motor

Great for buyers,hard to take as seller.May have to take some finacial pain to move it,promised family o/s trip !
Old 22-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #24
thevintage
Starter Motor

One of the reasons i am trying to sell now
Old 22-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #25
WASP
Whipple Induced

Posted on behalf of thevintage. Looks bloody nice I must say.

Colville

Old 23-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #26
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Why would you wanna sell that?? id love a GT-P in that colour!
Old 23-11-2007, 12:50 AM   #27
DaveGod
Your not Ron

I really love the GT/Ps. Iam only 19 and am trying to save for one while building my XF. And good for me but bad for you, is the price of these things now, also i cant wait for the new model (as long as its not a flop) to bring prices down even more!
Old 23-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #28
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to state the obvious but having bought and sold around 20 cars by now it is all based on sharpening that price up. Sure you can sit around waiting forever but how much is your time and sanity worth to you? (Worth few grand to me at least). The most it has ever taken me to sell a car was 1 week - just check carsales see what the others are advertising at and put yours $2K below theirs. Bye bye GT.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #29
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Not to state the obvious but having bought and sold around 20 cars by now it is all based on sharpening that price up. Sure you can sit around waiting forever but how much is your time and sanity worth to you? (Worth few grand to me at least). The most it has ever taken me to sell a car was 1 week - just check carsales see what the others are advertising at and put yours $2K below theirs. Bye bye GT.
I agree,if there are cars being advertised out there for 36k,you'll never get any nibbles at 40+k.
Old 23-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #30
Cooper69S

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
this strategy has worked twice for me... chucked on carsales for equivalent to the lowest price available, and on both occasions had the buyer call me within 4 hours of putting it up for sale. made me think i could have waited and made more money but a quick sale saves a lot of time...
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post