Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Super Pro Camber/Caster Kits

Has anyone fitted these kits on their AU's at all. Apparently there is a different kit for 8's and 6's. I got the one for my XR8 as they unbolt from the wheel well and not the engine bay. They say to fit a washer on the lower bolt on the engine bay side but it just dosn't look right just putting a washer on one bolt, it won't let the plate sit flush with the body and will put it on a bit of an angle.
Just wanted to know if this is correct or have I done it wrong!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Sounds alright. The shims actually change the angles. The washer may just alter the angle to begin with, but when the shims are added, it'll all be correct. So, I think you're just stressing a little unnecessarily
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Checked with Fullcrum today and all is fine. I have installed the kits correctly and there should be no problems. Just a bit strange fitting a washer on one bolt only,but they say that is what you do !!
Will put it back together tonite.