Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default KJ 11timing

want to check the timing on the 96 kj 11 1.6 laser seems to idle bit low when hot.

Now that I have spent the morning finding the marks and got a light on them which way are the pulley marks read as there is two .First mark should be tdc seems to be about 10' but I also have to ground the advance to get an acurate check how do you do this and what wires are they you join.

cheers

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
smally289
growing up is optional

There is a diagnostic connector near the LHF shock tower with a little cover on it that flips up. Inside the lid you should see a sticker identifying the pins underneath. You need to join the 'TEN' and 'GRND' pins together to put it in base timing mode. A split pin will do the job nicely. Make sure you get the right pins - I don't need to tell you what happens if you accidentally choose the 'B+' pin ..................
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
There is a diagnostic connector near the LHF shock tower with a little cover on it that flips up. Inside the lid you should see a sticker identifying the pins underneath. You need to join the 'TEN' and 'GRND' pins together to put it in base timing mode. A split pin will do the job nicely. Make sure you get the right pins - I don't need to tell you what happens if you accidentally choose the 'B+' pin ..................
Thanks 351 I'll check it out.

cheers

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post