Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: What should Dave do???
Stay with stock shocks 0 0%
$560 for Koni Red fronts / Koni Yellow rears 4 9.09%
$700 for Koni Yellows fronts and rears 36 81.82%
Get aftermarket shocks but Koni's are overkill! 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default Koni's on my AU - which ones though??

OK so went down to this suspension place that I've been trading emails with for a while now - regarding getting some Koni's on my Futura....

Long story short, I got two quotes out of it...

$560 for Koni Reds front / Koni Yellows rear
(they don't have any rear reds in stock at the moment)

$700 for Koni Yellows all round

Both quotes are for cash (not an issue) - also been quoted $280 for fitting shocks & springs (I'm going to get those Eibach Pro-Kit ones direct from manufacturer for $265 delivered - have been told by the suspension guy that this is cheaper than cost price for retailers!!)

Should I spend the extra $140 for yellows all around, or should I just stick with the reds in the front?

Is it worth it, considering the car is a daily driver, will most likely never see the track, only a bit of spirited driving here and there....on the flip side, it's only $140, and they're Koni Yellows!!!

He said that in terms of lifespan, both will last around the 150,000km+ mark before needing to be rebuilt - both reds and yellows are fully rebuildable.

They come with a lifetime warranty for me as long as I have the car - if the car is sold, the warranty is not transferred.

The reds (and yellows in the rear) need to be removed from the vehicle to be adjusted for firmness; the front yellows can be adjusted by simply lifting the bonnet and rotating the knob on the top of the shock.

Your thoughts???