Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Default Why Good Customer Service Is... Well, Good!

Back at Blakes this morning. For those who remember, I had some work done just before Xmas, including a bunch of things painted, or repainted. Overall, the job was great, terrific colour match, etc.

When I first picked up the car, I had it pointed out to me the wing had imperfections. Basically, some holes tht had been filled in and 'sunk' which looked like dimples. "Take it now," they said, "come back, and we'll repaint it".

True to their word, when I went back after Summernats, they took the wing off, and repainted it. Luckily, becaus a few cracks at the legs had appeared. It did take 3 weeks, but hell, I hadn't been asked to have the car on display for AFF at either the Geelong Day or the FPV Day despite offering, so it wasn't like having a wing-less XR was a big deal. Besides, I don't like to rush people, it produces bad work.

When I did get the wing back, it looked fine. However, last weekend when I went to wash and polish it, I noticed the wing had another dimple - not in the same spot as the others though. This did look more like a paint imperfections due to a silicon spot, or something like that.

So I took it back again.

They did try to sand/buff it out, but not only did it not come out, but they'd cut down too far and more imperfections were beginning to show. So, off came the wing, and it's being done again. Not just doing 'the bad patch' mind you - but the whole wing will be cut back and redone - that's how they do things there.

So hopefuly the turn around on the 3rd attempt on the wing will take a week and be the last attempt, but it's good that there are businesses out there that are prepared to stand by the quality of their work. Naturally, I'm more than inclined to give them repeat business - and recommend them to others. So if you need anything from a body part respray, to a more substantial repair and you can choose your repairer, and Geelong isn't too far away, then I'd fully recommended Blakes Smash Repairs.

Next stop - well, I think Casper's covered THAT business in great detail already...

Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

Good to hear they're more then happy to fix everything.
some places can be very rude when it comes to getting what you paid for.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Mark, thats great to hear. I remember you telling me at Heathcote how good they were and how you needed to get some inperfections fixed (I saw the dimple.. you are so fussy : )
Great to see them looking after you like that and, as I said on the day, the quality of thied work was very obvious to see. One of these days I'll stop the mad power rush and I'll head down there myself to get the old AU freshened up.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wing had a dozen or so dimples in it, the rear bar has has imperfections in the paint, over spray, and a few other problems. I was going to get them all painted, but i figred they will only get chips and scratches later. So as long as the paint is good, then I'm happy
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
One of these days I'll stop the mad power rush and I'll head down there myself to get the old AU freshened up.
At what mileage would one consider an engine rebuild? That would be an internal freshen up! LOL!

Casper, hasn't yours done 130,000 kays or so?

With all the mods going on, when would it be a good idea to do things like new rings and such?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
At what mileage would one consider an engine rebuild? That would be an internal freshen up! LOL!

Casper, hasn't yours done 130,000 kays or so?

With all the mods going on, when would it be a good idea to do things like new rings and such?

GK
When it needs it.. or I can afford to get the bottom end totally rebuilt for more power LOL

Cant see my engine makeing 150,000kms without a total performace rebuild somehow.

Anyway, I was talking about a respray.. looks like I've found the place to do it right here.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post