Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Blue_XR

Default Issues with 05 Fiesta

I have a friend with an 05 Fiesta and she has the following issues. I got her to write me a list as you can see. This car has been sent to a ford dealer but they couldnt diagnose the problem as apparently it wasnt showing any error codes.

- When driving my inside middle reading light will flick on randomly and then a few minutes later will turn off.

- The warning sign near odometer says my doors are open however they are all closed, if I try to get out of the car and lock the vehicle at this time I am unable to do so and need to wait until that sign turns off a few minutes later.

- The engine mechanical warning sign near the odometer is generally always coloured (orange). **With this one I am getting her to check her oil and coolant levels so it could be a faulty sensor.**

- When driving in any gear my car will slow down and I really need to push in the accelerator to get it moving again, I may be in first gear at a red light and my car will begin to shake a little/make a bit of noise and the revs will be flickering up and down rather than being stable.

Any help with the above problems would be apprecitated

Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

The reading light & the the door light & the inability to lock the car should be simple, you have a "dicky" door switch or perhaps the cabling associated with that. As far as the car is concerned it thinks the door is open!

The other could be bad fuel or a block fuel filter, but really its going to be hard to trace unless it registers a code or plays up under test with the mechanic.

I hope this helps...
Old 13-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
The reading light & the the door light & the inability to lock the car should be simple, you have a "dicky" door switch or perhaps the cabling associated with that. As far as the car is concerned it thinks the door is open!

The other could be bad fuel or a block fuel filter, but really its going to be hard to trace unless it registers a code or plays up under test with the mechanic.

I hope this helps...
I agree totally with Stormy, all this is logical. As far as the engine loss of power is concerned, check the fuel flow to make sure the pump is giving the correct volume of fuel (As opposed to pressure) I have had this in the past with other vehicles. The most easy thing to do first up is empty the fuel tank and refill, don't be tempted to add good fuel to bad because the ratio could be wrong and then get a false indication. Run it down as low as possible and then refill.
:
Old 13-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

The coil pack has been known to go on these. The flickering revs are a could be a sign of that.
Old 13-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
Blue_XR

Quote:
The coil pack has been known to go on these. The flickering revs are a could be a sign of that.
Thanks for the responses. My first though would have been spark, so will get her to check these things out
Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post