Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
sus_038
nufnsus

Angry Plz Help!? - 09 Ford Fiesta Zetec Broken into last night!

Morning everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows if these cars are easy to steal/break into? (yes this sounds bad!) But my partner has a Blue 09 Fiesta Zetec and it was broken into last night?

No alarm went off and no damage done to the locks or car at all!

they just went thru the whole car and didn't take anything either... All seems a bit wierd to me as other cars around hers wasn't touched... I thought we lived in a classy area (LOL) but i guess they all have there down sides :(

Any info on this would be great as i wanna make sure this doesn't happen again!!!

Thanks

sus_038 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 
Default Re: Plz Help!? - 09 Ford Fiesta Zetec Broken into last night!

You sure it wasn't left unlocked?
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
trumpy73

sorry what's your question again?? I'm not sure I get it.

If no alarm went off then presumably you have an alarm?? you're asking on how to further 'protect' your car?

I'm confused.

Also what Alan said.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
sus_038
nufnsus

I'm 100% Sure it was locked, as i went out with her so she could get some stuff out of her car. Apparently they are quite hard cars to steal due to the immobilizer. And yeah they have an alarm which is quite loud.

I guess my question is, is it possible to break into them with-out the alarm going off?

Like is there a generic key which people can get there hands on etc. ?

But now after people saying was it locked, its got me thinking HA-HA :(

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 27-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
trumpy73

LOL, think about it, why would someone unlock your car (very difficult), then not touch anything?

I suspect you may have forgotten to lock. As far as I know these things have an auto lock feature as well so if you unlock and don't open the door it will just re-lock by itself.

I say it's human error Just get a good night's sleep tonight and it's all good.

PS: It's 'Missus' not 'Misses'. The first one is your wife, the second one is when you have missed the bus.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
sus_038
nufnsus

Everything was pulled out of her glove-box and spread over the seat but nothing was taken at all. plus i forgot to say both front doors and boot were just latched not shut properly, and i 100% know we didnt go into the front passenger side last night... It does have an auto lock feature on them so i think it should of locked itself if we forgot, or is it once you have unlocked the car, opened a door or boot then it doesn't auto lock if we forget??
Old 27-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They don't auto lock if you don't lock them... The auto lock works when you unlock it but don't enter the car within about... A minute. And yes the alarm is very loud and I can't imagine opening the dead locked doors. Myself I don't think you locked it, I'm sure about it.

Or you might have robbed it yourself while sleep walking or someone came in the house and grabbed the key. In either case I wouldn't worry about it.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
trumpy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sus_038 View Post
Everything was pulled out of her glove-box and spread over the seat but nothing was taken at all. plus i forgot to say both front doors and boot were just latched not shut properly, and i 100% know we didnt go into the front passenger side last night...
ah ok, that's quite an important bit of info you had left out from your OP.

Possible answers

1. Do any of you sleepwalk?
2. Anyone else in the house that has access to the key?
3. Do you have BOTH keys in your possession?
Old 27-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
sus_038
nufnsus

No sleep walkers, its me and my girlfriend and my dad and sister who live there, and none of them are sleep walkers. I had the key next to my bed last night and was there this morning and the spare key should be in her bedside draw (will double check now when i get home)

I guess she must of left it unlocked :( But then someone must of been randomly checking cars to see if they were unlocked....

They took nothing tho... She has a Swarovski crystal thing hanging from her mirror even that's still there (which i'm taking out tonight) :/
Old 27-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
trumpy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by sus_038 View Post
I guess she must of left it unlocked :( But then someone must of been randomly checking cars to see if they were unlocked....

/
Yup that sounds like the most logical explanation. Although you're right, it's pretty hard/stupid to go around randomly checking cars.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #11
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73 View Post
Yup that sounds like the most logical explanation. Although you're right, it's pretty hard/stupid to go around randomly checking cars.
Not when there are a group of them.

They love doing that at shopping centres too

Old 27-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
sus_038
nufnsus

Yeah... I should write on a piece of paper and put it on the dash, "I'M WATCHING YOU"

Ha-ha.

Thanks for everyone's help tho, much appreciated!
Old 27-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #13
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I reckon it must have been unlocked. I thought that if you dead locked the doors, that even if you did break in, the doors would not open??
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #14
fonfe
RS shop's technician

If the car is deadlocked with the remote (pressed lock button twice) then the car is unlocked with the key in the door and the ignition not turned on within 60 seconds the alarm will go off. If its not dead locked then it will not.
Deadlock it every time mate, I always used to for peace of mind. Fiestas are not easy to break into, even with a mechanics lock out kit as there ones he'll of a cover over the inside of the door lock system (trust me I know they are a ***** to replace!)
If your really worried get yourself a cheaply pager alarm system off ebay, got one on my range rover and on all my cars in the uk.....alarm goes off and if your within 2km of it your keys been and vibrate. Costs $90....just give it a live and earth and plug in the motion sensor and your good to go easy

Handy if you forget which level of a car park you've parked on too......had that problem today...one press of the panic button and a listen.....ahhh level 3!