Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Servicing WS Fez

Sup guys, just wondering what type oil filter I need to buy to replace the one on my Firsta? Also what grade of oil should I use? I'm going to service the car at 7500km at work.

Anything else that needs to be replaced for the 15,000km service? (I'm doing it at 7500 because it gets driven really hard).

Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Filter from Ford, best to use authorised parts (even for an oil filter) otherwise you may have warranty issues. Should be about $11-12 bucks.

I have had Castrol Edge 5W-30 in my WS since 7500kms, and it runs really well on it, I'm quite happy.

15,000kms is a bit of a kick and prod service, I don't think they really do much else, but you may wanna buy a service manual if you're planning on servicing the car yourself on a regular basis
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
Filter from Ford, best to use authorised parts (even for an oil filter) otherwise you may have warranty issues. Should be about $11-12 bucks.

I have had Castrol Edge 5W-30 in my WS since 7500kms, and it runs really well on it, I'm quite happy.

15,000kms is a bit of a kick and prod service, I don't think they really do much else, but you may wanna buy a service manual if you're planning on servicing the car yourself on a regular basis
Can I go into Ford spare parts and buy a workshop manual off them?

Thanks much for the reply, I'll consider Castrol Edge, because thats also what is used in Dad's car.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

I can't see any reason why not, they will charge you for it though ...

There was a long discussion thread on the main forum (The Pub) a little while ago, with much debate about the legalities of servicing your car yourself and manufacturers warranties.

Basically came down to having to prove that you had some mechanical qualification/background or were supervised by someone with that background ... and had used genuine parts, and followed all the correct service manual/maintenance items.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
I can't see any reason why not, they will charge you for it though ...

There was a long discussion thread on the main forum (The Pub) a little while ago, with much debate about the legalities of servicing your car yourself and manufacturers warranties.

Basically came down to having to prove that you had some mechanical qualification/background or were supervised by someone with that background ... and had used genuine parts, and followed all the correct service manual/maintenance items.
I'm an apprentice motor mechanic, worst case scenario, I book the car in at work at a heavily discounted rate and work on it myself with the filter from Ford, workshop manual and my own oil.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I got the filter from Ford today, $7.95. Is there a sump bolt washer I need also? The guy at spare parts said it was integrated into the bolt, but then again he gave me the diesel filter, which I had to get exchanged.

Interesting dealership, everyone dresses like bogans and there was a fight going on between workshop manager and a mechanic.

Also, would 5W30 be the right oil to use in the Fez?
Old 13-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I've just gotta get oil and airfilter now, I should be sweet. Does transmission oil need to be changed too?