View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 12:08 AM   #67
Claytopia

Default Re: Claytopia's XB GT Coupe restoration

Hey all

Well while Matt has my baby and is giving her a much needed face lift (she's pretty bad without the makeup/paint but that's another post)

I am getting various bits and bobs ready so I can get stuck into the bolt together when I get the body back.

One area I am sorting is the diff, now my housing is a bit ordinary, Ok its shyte, It's dented, bowed, missing the break line clips and has about half a dozen welds from brackets or who know what that have then been cut or ground off again, It's probably due to a rear wheel coming off at some stage in her past and from being set up for racing in her past(yet another future post) and so I managed to track down a second hand housing, The thing is it has these bits of square bar welded underneath the brake line clips. Now they look like they line up with some of the old weld marks on my housing but its hard to check as the "new" housing is 500 Km's away at my Dads house.

So if your able could you check out your diff housing and tubes and let me know if they are a factory thing?

Cheers
Clayton

Also it was great to get in touch with Buck and his Dad about their Antique Beige GT coupe and its planned rebuild, Two down one to go... Does anyone know where the third Antique Beige XB GT coupe is?
[IMG][/IMG]
Claytopia is offline   Reply With Quote