View Single Post
Old 13-02-2020, 02:43 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Is it possible to purchase a brand new vehicle in 2020 not fitted with DRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I have to say that I've never understood those who use parkers as a form of making yourself visible whilst driving. In my experience, when approaching from the front, I tend to be able to see the vehicle well before I see the parkers, even in inclement conditions. And if it's dark enough to warrant having the tail lights on, then surely going the extra position on the light switch and having the headlights on would be warranted too?
Parkers ... or positions lights are to show other traffic where you are located if stopped off the side of the road .... in the dark or inclement weather ... nothing more.

Although .... if fog in the dark is really bad ... parkers/position lists are fine when used in conjunction with low fog lights. Or if you don't have foglights .... you are allowed to use hazard lights.

I drive with low beam/main beam on when driving all of the time ... I have found that it is needed in traffic .... and I know when checking mirrors quickly ... a vehicle with lights on it picked up much quicker than one without. I did this more after starting doing courier deliveries around Sydney ... and have done it ever since.

People in silver/light grey cars that drive without lights in rainy conditions .... need to be shot onsite.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: