View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #22
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New 60km/h speed limits in NSW forest roads!! was 100.

The thing is, on the roads I am talking about these are main roads that go from somewhere to somewhere up to an equivalent of 4 lanes across!. Not dead end logging tracks.

I dont know about you all, but I drive at a speed (if I am the one who gets to think) where I watch everything and have time to slow down if anything comes into view. If a logging truck is coming down a straight, i will slow down. If a logging truck comes round a corner, I have already slowed down before he is even there. These cars and trucks dont just appear from nowhere!

But if you put, and they have, a low speed limit, the less experienced driver will just do 60 everywhere, thinking 60 is safe to pass an oncoming truck and the cloud of dust that follows, as well as any corner that might pop up.

On the goat tracks that are thought of in forests, are we not already doing 60 or less?! I'd say we are.

There is a difference in roads. Thats the problem. One speed limit doesnt apply to everything. Thats why there shouldnt be one, or just a high one that everyone knows is too fast for many areas, and therefore you watch the road.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote