View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New 60km/h speed limits in NSW forest roads!! was 100.

The Baccleugh state park is the area, and it is a fairly main way to drive from Tumut to Canberra over the Brindabella ranges (about 50km dirt). The road just happens to go through this NSW Forest and they have dropped the speed limit here. There is no End 60 sign when out of the forest and out the other side either. (still dirt, when not in NSW Forest)

Makes my blood boil to think I could have a $2000 fine, lose my licence for 6 months for doing safely what I was doing last month!!!
And they think its safer? Instead of watching the road and edges you watch your speedo, get bored, fall asleep, start playing with radio ipd gps etc. One thing I love about driving on dirt roads that arent restricted like this is you have the opportunity to concentrate on driving.
I didnt bother to slow down too much, still doing 100ish a fair bit but sure wouldnt want to get caught!

Forest NSW shouldnt be able to change speed limits on roads that are a through road. Ok maybe single lane log truck roads that go nowhere, but not roads like this.

Keepleft, see what you can do.

Thanks
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote