View Single Post
Old 25-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #17
furiousgibbon

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

McInerney? Dogs. They rejected a legitimate warranty claim I had for a broken pedal spring on my XR5. I'd also told them twice the pedal was sitting low and they told me there was no problem (i.e. they didn't even look at it). I had to figure out myself that it was the spring, and then they rejected the warranty claim anyway. Thanks.

I also reported an issue with squeaking seat bushes and the guy comes out and goes 'Recaros... mate these are aftermarket seats'. I just looked at him like 'you dumb c...'

Your situation sucks man but this has been the case for a long time. I've even read about people going to kwinana on wednesday nights (and other events) to record regos specifically for the purpose of voiding warranties.

Is there not a newish consumer protection clause that allows for claims outside of warranty of guarantee periods based on a consumer getting reasonable use out of a product? Basically you as a consumer have a reasonable expectation that you can accelerate from 0 to 180 (forget the dragstrip bit) without the supercharger breaking (edit: yes, what sbutler said). Not sure it would apply in this case, but don't give up yet.