View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #175
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

This post has a bit of theme, with all three of these plants seducing with their beautiful fragrance.

The first being Magnolia "Princess Cinderella". This is a large growing evergreen shrub ideal for screening or as a feature plant. This variety of Magnolia was bred in Australia, is fast growing and displays fragrant creamy white flowers in early spring. I will often recommend these for situations where a Camellia may struggle.

People either love or hate this next plant, Jasminum polyanthum or spring flowering Jasmine. This vigorous growing climber has an extremely strong perfume that will either delight or disgust. Jasmine is known to aggravate hay fever. Luckily for me, I absolutely love the smell, something that reminds me of my Grandmothers garden.

The final plant is has a somewhat unfortunate name, Syringa vulgaris. There is nothing vulgar about the sweet smell of a Lilac tree. These small deciduous trees have had a resurgence in popularity. They are slow growing and prefer a shelter from afternoon summer sun.

I love this time of the year, with many plants at their peak and before the heat of summer arrives.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: