View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 10:23 PM   #15
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Ford Tourneo (Custom) coming to OZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They'll add it to the range, then get no stock from Ford Europe, we'll see it sell a handful a month because of Ford internal politics, where Ford Australia will blame everyone else under the sun.

Then they'll cut it from the range and say that Australian customers only want Ranger
Was about to post the same.

So, Ford could never supply enough Escape, Focus, Fiesta, Transit and Mondeo for the Australian market, so what's going to change with this thing? And what company or buyer is going to sit and wait 12 to 18 months for a vehicle like this? Then, they will drop the model entirely because of low demand, then screw up the resale for those who actually got one delivered.

I just don't get it. Ford have people yelling out for a variety of Ford models..............Explorer, Bronco, Bronco Sport, Maverick, Mustang. There was even demand for the Escape but people simply gave up and went and bought something else...................and yet, THIS thing is what they decide to bring to Australia.

And I don't want to hear a word about "......but RHD was not factored into the engineering......" or "......apparent lack of volume potential......." because nearly every other car company on the planet can design, engineer and then produce any given model in RHD and LHD and still make money. There is absolutely no excuse for Ford deciding to limit key high-profile models to the US/LHD markets other than being cheap.

But hey, if you can't be bothered waiting two years for a panel van with some seats bolted in, we can sell you a Ranger. It's completely different to the car you were interested in, so some passengers will have to ride in the tray, but Ranger is the easiest way for us to make money, so take it or leave it.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Ford to acknowledge that I have been waiting 17 months for a car, or if they intend to build the bloody thing. I guess I should just give up and buy a Ranger.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: