View Single Post
Old 17-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #21
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How much for my car

Low kilometers really mean very little in the wash up. There are as many pros & cons for low as there are high with an older car. If your selling to shore up your bank account a little, I would consider paying a pro for paint correction & a few hundred dollars at a 'Mr Dents' can do wonders. Treat the interior to a proper detail and make sure wheels are clean/tyres in good nick. Log books, codes & spare key/fobs always help, along with documents to support purchases or work done. The majority of people buy a car based on its outside/inside condition. As long as the motor starts and runs as it should, 99% of buyers are happy. It is only people like most AFF members who will go over it with a fine tooth comb & ask questions about known issues. If this car presents well, with a good shine, clean interior and a smooth motor & trans, it should sell for between $5 & 6000 in my opinion, quite possibly more. Most likely, an enthusiast will be the buyer, so again, present the car as standard in the best condition possible. The question is whether or not you want to risk spending money to sell it faster/higher price? If the clear coat is dull & the diff bushes are shot etc, then its only going to get a few thousand dollars. If it is presented like I have mentioned, it should get $6000 or more. Very hard to tell without good photos, but as a few others have suggested, the manual transmission is a selling point. I strongly believe if you get the clear coat sorted & she's as tight as a drum, it will make a huge impression and the low kms will be the deal maker. Unless you really have to sell it, it is probably worth keeping for a while. Even if the reg expires, in a few years this might surprise. The turbo BA manual has been suggested as future collectable so a n/a is still viable. Best of luck to you regardless.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: