Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 01:01 PM   #19562
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Im not here to change yours or anyone's mind, you can do what you like, I am on here as this is a discussion, you have your view, I have mine and your view wont get me off the fence and get me vaccinated anymore than my view will stop you getting vaccinated.

I will look at the facts though and here is why I reached my decision ( you don't even have to read it if you don't want, I don't care )

What is the vaccine going to do for ME if I take it? this is what I look at before I make decisions regarding my health, for ME the facts speak for themselves, you and others may see it differently and that's your choice.

From a random Covid vaccine website

Just remember this is MY way of seeing it clearer.

Safer way to build protection?, pretty sure that's what everyone who has been vaccinated thought before they were vaccinated then caught Covid.
Supposedly I am less likely to contract it?, but there is no guarantee I wont, as most people that are vaccinated have.
Prevents serious illness, hmmm, the 1478 vaccinated people who were admitted to hospital in the 2 week period last month and the 83 that died in NSW thought that too?
Reliable way of getting protection, umm no, protected for 2 months only supposedly, then you are no different to the unvaccinated.
Protection against being hospitalised, pretty sure the 1478 last month thought that too.
They also say that if you have underlying health issues you should have it, well I have underlying respitory health issues, but have had Covid with no ill effects at all.

I can still contract it, vaccinated or not
I can still spread it, vaccinated or not
I can still be hospitalised from it, vaccinated or not
I can still die from it, vaccinated or not
There is no guarantee that the symptoms will be less severe, vaccinated or not
No guarantee that I will recover quickly, vaccinated or not.

Then there is the vaccine itself, it was hurried along, untested and not approved when they released it to the masses, the experts then found there were some fatal side affects in a few people and some long lasting side affects, I'm sorry I am not being a test rat and lining up for it, if it was a known working, non side affect vaccine I would be there with my sleeve rolled up, but its not there yet.

So in a nutshell its no different if I chose not to have it.

Like I said before, I have had Covid it was not that bad
Am I kicking myself for not getting vaccinated?, No
Did I spread it?, probably
Do I think the symptoms would have been less severe if I was vaccinated?, I very much doubt it.
Will I catch it again?, I would say most definitely
Will I recover?, I have no doubt now.

So do I need the vaccination?, I don't think so, I can see no benefit for ME, my family or the community if I do or don't

My family have their own thoughts, my wife weighed it up and decided to wait, mother in law who is 85 and has a liquorice assortment of health conditions weighed it up and decided no, my son decided to get vaccinated, but only for work purposes because he had to, other wise he was not fussed either way, we have all had Covid, for none of us it was severe at all, so I still stand beside MY own decision, as I would say they do too.

They are also saying you are more immune to not catching Covid after just having it, so technically I am naturally immunised by having had it.
If all that means you've decided to not get vaccinated .....then I'm happy you've made your decision (4 years in the making) I hope it works out well for you and your family

My apologies to everyone for taking the bait , I'll try and be stronger in the future

Thanks heaps for your continued efforts of posting graphs and statistics Russell....very informative

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual