View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 06:34 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Coronavirus Closes 5 Hyundai Factories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
**Sigh** - Just curious, have you been to the real China? I'm not talking about your posh hotel room you stayed in when you last visited. Not talking about the civilised Chinese restaurants you dined in close to your posh hotel, or the 'Chinese food' you ordered as room service.

You only have to travel a couple of hours outside any of the major Chinese cities to see the real China, and the Chinese delicacies available to be purchased - if you know where to go. I have video recorded my experiences on my phone. It's disgusting - to say the least.

And yes, I have been to China. Many times.
Spot on. After spending a month in China backpacking around on my own I came back a different person.

I also got into many, MANY heated arguments with other people who said it was NOTHING like I described and had a wonderful time on their nice package deal tour where they are bused to and from the airport and wrapped in cotton wool and protected their entire trip.

Yes, of course they had a wonderful time, they never had to buy tickets for public transport, exchange money, buy their own food, arrange emergency accommodation, ask for help, catch a taxi / rickshaw / bus / train or deal with the general scamming public...

A few years ago Amanda Vanstone was based there, she did a radio interview where she says 'The Chinese are very much like us, they have barbecues on the weekend and know how to mingle and have a good laugh'...

Yeah... right. I actually emailed the radio and they read out some of what I had to say. Some called in to agree, some called in to disagree.

I compare many Mainland Chinese to the Beverly Hillbillies, where they went from poor and third world to rich and prosperous within the one generation and don't have the ability to bring their mentality into the more modern world.

Look at the many tourist videos of how they behave outside their country. They act like they have no rules or boundaries and lack even basic common sense, courtesy and compassion.

As for food. They have a great pleasure in eating still living animals with not an ounce of feeling that it's not right.

Even cooking animals while still alive and trying to keep them alive as long as possible while being cooked and even eaten.

Just last week I saw a video of a 'man' eating a pile of baby live mice. Dipping them into sauce and eating them whole while smiling to the camera.

Any normal person would never consider such an abhorrent act yet he went to a restaurant it seems that serves this 'dish'... I would have loved to have bitten a chunk out of his arm and asked him if he knew that was right or wrong.

Same place that mixed melamine powder into baby formula for goodness sake probably because melamine powder was cheaper than milk powder by the ton...

I even dated a Chinese girl for several months. The chip on her shoulder and severe superiority complex it possessed made me sick, always right, never wrong and just concerned about making money and profit above all else - at any cost.

Sorry if this offends, my boss is Chinese and nothing like what I described above (quite the opposite actually) I also acknowledge that there are many mainland Chinese that are not like described above but so many more don't do their own culture any favours.

This issue revolves around food preparation and consumption. Don't google too much into their practices, you will not like what you find and wish you could 'un-see' and 'un-hear' what they get up to there.

And just remember, most consider it 'normal'.....

Hell, one of the first doctors that tried to alert the public of Carona was arrested and charged for causing public disorder and even made to apologise. How dare he go against the status quo...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
14 users like this post: