Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #63
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Got the 6s esc this morning. Slapped that bad chicken in. Did the software update so the thing did the whole telemetry thing and set the throttle/brake end points. Ran it on 4s and same same as a 4s esc.
So then i got a little greedy. So the partially charged 6s battery i slapped in it. It fits the battery tray sort of, but the tie down thing you have to bend the crap out of and can only clip 1 side in. Eh, I'll work that out later, its not broken yet.
On 4s it did 101kmh but was a massive handfull at that rate of knots. On a not fully charged 6s battery. The thing is an animal that cannot be tamed. I crashed it a few times but not bad enough to break anything, but on a relatively clean speed run i think i topped it out. It did 130.
So thats stock motor. I have ordered a temp sensor for the motor so i can set an over temp cutout. Just to save the motor. Not that i care if i blow it up, but knowing myself if i did it wouldn't be a stock motor going back in and its already a handfull on 4s, 6s is silly. I think for 90% of the time ill stick with 4s batteries.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote