Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 11:33 PM   #62
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So i received batteries and adapters to go 6s on my rc car today. My jack of all trade capable charger, granted its 13 years old and has done car batteries, 730cca marine batteries etc, it also does 6s lipos. It did the gay magicians trick. It went up in smoke and poof.
Not so much an issue. It was old and yeah, almost $300 in 08, but i ordered the same but revised version for $40. I have a different charger for my 4s stuff.
So i gave my car a run today. Not 6s yet, im awaiting the electronic speed controller. Ran good as expected.
Did some maths. So on 16.8v on no load it should rev to over 40k rpm. Current long gearing, ie load, it revs to 39.5k rpm and does 101kmh.
At 25.2v no load it should rev to 60k. Its not going to do that under load. So, technically throwing more power=more speed. I dont doubt it, but its already a handfull and anything over maybe 70 is a bit sketchy, so if i get it way over 101kmh, im probably going to end up breaking stuff. I seriously dont know why i do stupid things, but stupid is as stupid does i guess.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote