View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #21
Highway cruser
Starter Motor

Default Re: Engine malfunction warning and P244C DTC

I had a similar issue, didn't get the code the first time so assuming the code was the same the first time as it was the second. There was a few weeks between the first fault code which cleared its self. The second time I got the code P269F which is a similar thing as I understand it, relating to the vapourisor. I also do about 1500kms a week and this happened on the Friday afternoon so no time to do anything to sort it out at a shop. So I striped the vapourisor out the exhaust. The first time I tried to blow through the fuel line it felt very restricted, not what I was expecting. I gave it a few good squirts of MAF cleaner, the only thing I had at the time and didn't want to use anything to harsh. Afterwords I blew through fuel line and it was a lot easier to blow through.
I tested the vapourisor before this and got the 1 ohms that has been mentioned earlier so wasn't convinced the vapourisor was the issue, but had found information that they can carbon up as also mentioned.
I refitted to the car and went for a drive and as soon as I hit 100kph a regen started. That was over a month ago and I haven't seen a reoccurance since and I've done several thousand kilometres since.
The vapourisor is very tight to get out. I gave it a soak in WD40 for 20 minutes or so after trying to get it out without it. After the soak it moved but still was very tigh to move.
I would recommend a good quality long handled spanner not the statandard length.
Highway cruser is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: