View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #43
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Is it possible to purchase a brand new vehicle in 2020 not fitted with DRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I'm still not convinced I need to have headlights, parkers or LED's on during perfect daytime driving.
We seemed to have managed and survived for years without this stuff.
Yeah well with that attitude you could say every new technology is stupid.

Portable AED machines that save lives of heart attack victims are pointless because the human race survived millions of years without it.

I've noticed that almost no one indicates before pulling away from the curb into traffic. A few times I have almost turned right across oncoming traffic because there was no one coming down the road, but someone who was parked just on the other side of the intersection decided that was the perfect time to pull away from the curb flat out without indicating.
If they had running lights on that would at least bring your attention to a car that has it's engine running.

Plus I'm sure when someone does a half assed check before pulling out of a side street DRLs probably make the car stand out more than one without lights on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post

I believe most DRLs switch off (or go dimmer) at night when the headlights are on, because they are too bright to run at night.

Dr Terry
Emergency vehicles should have this setting for their red and blues. At day time the LED lights are good because they stand out, at night they are overwhelmingly bright. Especially on a dark road with no other lights around.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: