View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
Mondaveo

Default Foam pad behind glovebox - 1688729

I decided the other day to get on with the long-postponed job of changing the cabin air filter. I removed the glovebox for access, and an oddly-shaped piece of white and grey foam fell down out of the dashboard, which I couldn't figure out how it was meant to fit back in with the glovebox assembly. The foam piece looked like this (stock photo):

It had a sticker with a notice "DO NOT REMOVE" and a part code AG9T-48781-BB. After some Googling I learned (via eBay listings) it was an "Energy Absorbing Foam Pad" and also goes by the part code 1688729, which led me to this exploded view diagram at ford.7zap.com/en/car/39/, but I couldn't find anything else about it. Mine had a square of adhesive residue and was kind of bent and creased, suggesting it had been stuck to and around something. I'm guessing now it may fit somehow to the passenger-side airbag, but at the time I couldn't work out where and how that would be.

Can anyone advise me the correct placement and orientation for this weird thing so I can put it back in properly, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 07-07-2020 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Fix part code in title
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote