Old 05-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #1022
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
First time posting here.

Been suffering from Depression for probably 10yrs on and off but over the past 2 years its gotten worse and most recently in last 6months.

In a nutshell, my dad passed away from Cancer after a 5yr battle in April. Its been real tough on the family. My wifes Aunt passed away from Cancer only 3 weeks ago. My dads twin brother is in hospital at the moment dealing with shingles in his eye but is on 24hr oxygen and probably wont last out the rest of this year.

Im not writing here to look for sympathy. Its actually the first time Ive spoken about it. The wife knows I go through dark days. But I say nothing about it as I dont want to burden her already busy schedule with additional issues.

My Anxiety has tripled in the past 5yrs. I am finding it difficult to want to hang with friends. Also, I am finding I am arranging things with others only to pull out last minute due to the anxiety getting to me. I find I feel safer being at home and doing my own thing. I live with other members of my family. They know times have been hard and tend to cut me some slack when I tend to come out with outbursts or anger or scathing sarcasm and occasional aggressive tones. I am working on my attitude and taking some natural medications to help with my mood swings.

Anyway, I thought Id share as I know it helps to discuss things with others openly before it really becomes something more sinister.
Good on you for sharing. Anxiety and depression is in our community everywhere. I come from a family of Psych Nurses and my oldest daughter works at Headspace and Kids Help line. Add to that, my wife has suffered very bad Bi Polar for 25 years. I see it from both sides. Worse thing you can do is keep it to your self................
4 users like this post: