View Single Post
Old 11-02-2024, 01:05 PM   #20
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bank Transfer - Am I Too Suspicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
You can already see where this cashless economy is going to take us, dishonoured payments, pending transactions, fake payments, funds credited to wrong accounts, internet fraud, banks declining transactions, and plenty more problems, have you ever had to contact your bank when one of these things goes wrong , welcome to the future.

Cash will always be King, instant and verified on the spot
Not sure how cash would have made a difference here.

Work progresses on the basis of a cleared transfer or cash in hand, both are the same thing. With Okso transfers these days a transfer is almost always instantanous, same as taking the cash in the hand.

But customer could have easy given CB a big FU follwed by the finger as they retreated into their house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
and you can also get a discount with cash. just watch out for the fakes.
Haven't seen a discount for cash in a longtime, unless you are talking dropping the GST... Which from a business perspective is starting to get a little hard.

Also I don't know why businesses would give a discount on a transaction media that is infinitely more expensive to administer. From a business perspective I can understand why businesses favor EFT only, given how ridiciously expensive it is becoming to provide cash as a payment method.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote