View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 10:10 PM   #67
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway cruser View Post
I'm getting P0715 basically all the time as well as the harsh shifting and jerking on take off, but have only ever had limited transmission function come up on the dash once.

On a slightly different note, what's everyone's thoughts about the chances of my issue being related to contamination on the GISS sensor?

From the graphs I believe the RPM line in the opening graphs will be coming from the bell housing that then plugs into the TCM. The GISS is a sensor in the mechatronic unit which can be referred to as the input speed shaft sensor. I'm pretty sure this is the sensor that I'm having problems with as well as Mondaveo had.
The text associated with the P0715 code (at least that which I saw) was "Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor A Circuit - Signal Erratic". I believe other sensors will get a different DTC number. So if you experience poor shifting behavior, and you have P0715, and you can observe implausible data coming from the sensor, then the fix is to replace that Sensor A.

Now there is conjecture about which is actually that "Sensor A", of the data sources exposed in FORScan I initially assumed it would be the one named "GISS", but out of the discussion on this forum it emerged it may actually be "RPM". The graphs I made did seem to show erratic readings coming on that RPM trace, but we never established definitively that this was the source nor which physical component it corresponds to. Anyway, I do know the Auto Torque techs who did the repair did also observe implausible data as part of their diagnosis procedure, whichever sensor that was.

When you say "no one has done a repair/fix", you mean as DIY? Because cars have been fixed, clearly, it has just required getting professionals to do the work.

I'm satisfied I've understood the fault and the repair even if not knowing all the details and nomenclature of the what and how. I'm pretty sure I read an article or saw some YouTube video or two about the disassembly and repair of the Getrag 6DCT to learn some details (e.g. I know there's special alignment tools required to put it back together), but I knew it was far too heavy a job for me to do personally so I stopped there. Are you planning to establish a procedure to DIY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 11-08-2020 at 10:20 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote