Thread: Ranger V Hilux
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #9
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Ranger V Hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It’s only the cheap 4x2 fleet specials where Hilux has the sales advantage. Ranger has outsold it in 4x4 for a few years now.
Now, coming from a trade background. The base hilux cab chassis can still be bought in the 'low rider' spec. So which is good for underground car parks when theyre typically 2m or 2.1m. So you could fit with a ladder on the roof. I had a px ranger as a work car, and without a ladder it was 1.8, with a ladder 2m or just shy. It was the base spec with the smaller profile tyres. Im pretty sure from px2 on, the base 2x4 rangers only came with the higher profile tyres. So working in high rise buildings and parking underground, its annoying having to take a ladder off the roof and find somewhere to store it, just to park the car.
So my ranger got replaced with a triton that had the extra ride height. I knew my height so anyhow. When i left my last job and gave that car back on the friday. My ex boss called me on the monday to have a laugh. The guy who got that car didnt check his height and 1st job in that car hit a sprinkler in the car park. So i think thats a reason sales of the base 2x4 hiluxs to companies remain strong.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: