Thread: Ranger V Hilux
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

Default Ranger V Hilux

We recently revived new work utes, 2020 Hilux 4WD, Poverty packs. Because we have some woosies here they was ordered with 6 speed autos. The previous works utes were 2015 Colorados, so we were looking forward to the upgrade.

First impressions of the new Hilux's were disappointing. I still can't find a comfortable driving position, the drivers seat is too high and can't be adjusted down on the poverty packs. The steering wheel is fully adjusted up and out and I still have trouble getting in the thing without twisting like a pretzel, I am 183cm, The dash layout is ok but looks a generation behind. The powertrain is the most disappointing, it is gutless, it might be better with the six speed manual. Sad to say the old Colorado drove better, it was a manual.

Over the last few years I have driven a few Rangers and Everest's and they are so much better than the Hilux. My Father-in-Law bought himself a Povety pack Everest mid last year and it craps all over the new Hilux's we have at work. I find it hard to believe that someone would choose a Hilux over a Ranger, if they have driven both.

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: