View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
Shockworks

Default Re: SHOCKWORKS......simply the BEST!

Hi Pepscobra,

I was one of the test engineers in the team and who was responsable for the damper tuning of the FPV range from BA-BF and then the later FG GT Black and then the GTR Spec.
They did not use any of the Shockworks products as I was employed by Prodrive and started Shockworks after I left the company.
We use the Base damper from Neotech in Korea with our piston and adjustment design.
We looked everywhere for a damper that we could sell, tune, develop and improve. Alot of dampers look great on the outside but when we performed teardown checks we found the qualiy of the internal components to be quite bad. Then we ordered a set of Neotech dampers from Korea and bingo! The quality of the internal components were more of the OEM quality I was used to so we went to Korea and check all outsourced suppliers, internal quality checks and many different things required to make a good quality and robust damper. We then worked together to develop a new piston design which gave us a massive tuning range of forces. We have been working with the team in Korea for 2 years now and could not be happier.
I am travelling to Korea next week to support the chassis tuning of the V8 supercar series in Korea using the same design dampers we use in the Ford.
I hope the background helps mate.
Cheers.
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: