View Single Post
Old 22-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #36
Bakis
XR6ED

ok well its been a while but just an update i put springs in the car yesterday , kings sl all round. Im really happy with the rear height already and the front is yet to sag all the way so it will get a little lower but its looking good.

Glad a got it done in a way but when helping uncle doing it realised that i actually dont have working front shocks lol and the top bearer is bent plus needs bushes :S. Front struts are so bad could just push them in and they would stay like that lol, guess thats wat happens to 15yo shocks.

Also i've been getting a bad rattle from the rear where a exhaust mount has moved. And its moved cause the rear resonator has rusted away along the area where the pipe joins :(.

Uncle said be a hard fix cause its needs a new pipe from the section that comes from the 2nd muffler :(. Gotta check my options but a 2.5" dual muffler system seems the go there prob end up being cheaper too.

Also we removed the bonnets heat shield to find that ford didn't paint under it fully so not happy and dont have money for respraying under it atm, so heat shielding will go back up for afd.

As for the front end, im looking at getting some nice koni's on the front but the ebay link has gone :(. I know Steve's orsmeb has ultima, and that its best to avoid Monroe. Any suggestions?

Funny thing is i've always thought its handled and rode really well :S, and been told that by passengers 'handles alright for falcon' lol maybe they were being nice?

Pics:

PS: also im happy with the respray/repairs done just needs a few more things to fix it up.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread