View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #50
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
The engineer has to certify that the car meets all ADR's, including emissions, which most can't test for themselves. So he can either send the car to Sydney for an emissions test or rely on CAPA's testing and paperwork.

OK so before I fork out my hard-earned I'll check these issues out with the engineer. Ideally I'd ask CAPA to send the engineer a copy of their installation manual so he can tell me whether it's all kosher before I start. I'd be happy to pay for an hour of his time up front to save hassles later. I'm still a few weeks away from having the cost of the kit saved up... I'll post the outcome after I talk to the engineer again.
OK sounds like you guys have different rules down there, up here the engineer doesn't do the emissions or sound testing the epa does.

Thats the best solution mate, im not trying to give you a hard time i'm just giving you the issues that myself and my mates have had. Each state is different so best to check the rules where your from as they do differ from state to state.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote