View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #45
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crap cars of the past - your hypothetical ultimate ****box project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
With all this talk about Starfire Commodores I figure I can enter a 2nd crap car to compete.
The Camira was a Supercar and don't you forget it.

I wish I could list the mods I would do to it but I have lost all interest in this Camira project already.

Two recollections of the almighty Starfire four . Sister Agnes was fellow Nun and friend of my Auntie Molly(Sister Cecilia) who was a teaching nun at Westbury and would bring her home occasionally as my aunt never learned to drive . Agnes became a close friend of the whole family over the years . One day they arrived in a new VC Commodore with the four and auto . I hadn't long got my licence and was car mad ,suppose I still am , so we were talking about the new ride . I recall Sr Agnes saying it was nice enough to drive but it's a bit noisy and slow compared to the Toyota the convent had before . Still recall that .

A bit later on my mate's dad bought a gold VC Commodore Starfire with a manual box . I recall a few golf trips in it with Pete , Paul , Chris , Yvonne and such .From the passenger seat I think Agnes was right and I don't believe it was particularly economical either.. To be honest I've never driven a Holden car with the Starfire but I'm guessing it's not all that fondly remembered in many cases .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote