View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #26
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: "Sealed" Batteries - Have we been conned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
'Trojan' 6V 225AH deep cycle flooded you're saying?

Sounds suspiciously like Century C105:

https://www.centurybatteries.com.au/...tery/c105/info
Because of there reliability the T105 has been the mainstay for house-banks of the boating world for many many years, originally built for golf carts way back when, they where adopted by long range sailing boats that spend extended lengths of time in remote locations away from support, they take an absolute beating from the solar panels, wind generators, alternators and chargers not to mention the environment they operate in, there are probably more of these batteries floating around out at sea than any other, the Chandlery here in Bundy always has them on stock for visiting overseas boats.....

As for the Century C105? there are plenty of other makes that have 6v 225ah Deep Cycle batteries, nothing unusual there it's a popular size, but i would take a sizeable bet that the T105 was around long before the C105

Unfortunately the C105 doesn't have the reputation of the Trojans outside of Australia cause for the most part they are unknown, even i have no idea of how reliable they are or what sort of life can be expected from them, but i do know that the Trojans i replaced where originally fitted in Nov 2009 and are still soldiering on, although at a reduced rate now, so for where i plan on going it's best to stick with what i know...until someone can prove to me otherwise that is

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 02-03-2019 at 04:25 PM.
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: