Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2022, 10:58 PM   #18674
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Back to the office today after a 2+ year hiatus. Found a spider in my work shoes as I went to dust it off this morning The global "covid response manager" is still not keen on everyone returning to the office and has placed a 50% cap. They like to set global policies rather than regional, so whilst we might be doing ok here, the policies take into account of other regions not doing so well. Not a problem though, cos our head office is only hitting about 20% cap. Return to office is not mandatory, so at the moment, I'm gonna do 1 day a week. Its good to see all the familiar faces again, doesn't feel like anything has changed, everyone still looks the same. I struggled to see past 2pm....the whole office environment makes me really sleepy. Left at 3:45 just so I could "beat traffic"...and yep...there was lots!

Interestingly, the local cafe said their business has boomed in the last 2 years, mainly cos residents in the area was flocking in during restrictions. We are situated just on the fringe of the CBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Can you imagine the panic 12-18 months ago if there were 53,000 odd new cases in a day?
Become quite blasé hasn’t it?
Today's cases is very different to 18 months ago before vaccines and the less severe variants. If I recall, Victoria's 2nd wave topped around 700 cases a day, but took 800 odd lives in a very short time. Seems to be more acceptance than anything else. Plus there are other things to talk about and be scared of on the news.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.