Thread: new mondeo
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #27
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...p&c=DFYArticle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
Hehehe. I got one in Holland for about 5 Euros. And 2 hi-vis vests for 2 Euro each. I seriously do feel safer with them.
Thanks for that. I am an advocate for these two items and they do form part of a new 'UN Road Traffic Convention' under development. In effect, they will be mandatory supply one day, and eventually their 'use' will be made such too.

Whilst not failsafe, the items give a person, and a persons family - when standing by the roadside attending their broken-down vehicle, or if attending an unexpected road crash scene,- a much greater chance of being seen sooner by approaching traffic, and what that traffic sees sooner/clearer, it can better avoid. Hazard lights alone are often worthless.

I had a couple of scenes this year when folk would definately have survived IF they had the items, each one of these events makes my blood boil, I mean it *really* pi$$es me in that our 'low vehicle equipment requirements' really pi$$ me off. We are mad on speed, but are not 'smart'.

That *will* change. It is to Fords credit, here and in NZ that they offer the UN triangle, and folk should make the effort to purchase.

The EN471 specification 'safety vest' item are universal fit, typically have velco straps and WIDE reflecting bands over either orange or green fluroescent material.

The cheapest EN471 vest I know of domestically costs $5.95 at Hot Dollar Tuggerah.

I've included a picture of the EN471 safety vest in the new Tasmanian driver manual, to impart to readers what the item looks like. I expect that edition out early 2008. NSW handbook has the EU/UN triangle, a vest pic will also be included, due late 2008.

I'll let this thread get back on track.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote