Thread: Overemployment
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #14
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Overemployment

I'm not sure that all of you guys have got the gist of what Overemployment is. It is not working multiple jobs where the jobs don't overlap (ie you're only working for one employer at any point in time). Overemployment is where you are working for one or more employer a the same point in time, ie

You work for employer A Mon to Fri, 9 to 5 each day.
You work for employer B Mon to Fri, 9 to 5 each day.

Not:

Work for employer A Mon to Fri, 9 to 5 each day
Work for employer B Mon to Fri, 5:30 to 10pm each day.

Whilst numerous employment contracts have clauses in them saying you can't carry out work for a competitor (I understand that you can't contract someone from earning a living, hence it can only apply to a direct competitor, and the sharing of IP), I also understand it is very rare, perhaps even non-existent, that any employment contract would state that you can't work for another employer at exactly the same, is sharing your employment time between two or more different employers.

Mind you, it would be interesting to see how this would be treated legally, as I understand that, in some jurisdictions, it may be considered to be fraudulent behaviour. It would certainly have moral issues, as a minimum.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: