View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #36
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Ok have had some people worried about the length of time in the cars, so I've come up with an alternative, how about we take most of the same route, excluding Mansfield and head out to the Ned Kelly museum in Glenrowan. This takes about an hour and a bit off the drive time, wooses : , but as some are bringing kids from what I've been told might be worthwhile, and we might just learn something as well LOL.
I don't have kids and I was concerned about the length of the drive too. I live in Melb, and it would be near 700km before I saw home. And I have to goto Sydney on Monday for a couple of weeks, it probably would have been easier just to keep on going to Sydney.

I mentioned the route to the couple of guys that might come with me, and they just laughed and said "no way"... Was even stopping me from coming too.

The new route looks a little better and shorter, but still long for a day cruise... Even though I might have to pike early because of my trip.

And whats the deal with the worrying about kids. Being a cruise mod on another forum, I know what its like and the arguments behind it... But to me it always comes down to we're there for the cars, as the drivers of the cars, and the routes should be picked based on what what is most enjoyable for the driver. If that means throwing the thing around the black spur or GOR or some nice alpine road with passengers sliding back and forth, then so be it.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote